About Me

We found out at our 20 week ultrasound that our baby boy would be born with a cleft. This is his story.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

OK baby, ready when you are!

Well, I am 39 weeks pregnant! The countdown to the baby getting here is no longer in weeks, but in days. And for the first time in this whole pregnancy, I feel ready for him to get here!






In the past few weeks that we have been home from our vacation, we have been in "get ready for baby" mode. I had a to-do list about a mile long, and everything is FINALLY checked off. I got my haircut, went to the eye doctor, and finished (kinda) my last day of work. We planted our garden, cleaned the cars, and went to the temple (I really should have borrowed a bigger dress!). We bought some new clothes and newborn size diapers for the baby, set up his bassinet, swing, and bouncer, and organized his dresser. I made some extra dinners and froze them for future use. I've sent birthday cards, graduation cards, and wedding gifts- all things happening the end of May, which is a very unpredictable time for us. We even renewed our temple recommends, which expired the end of May. The baby's car seat is out (not in the car yet, but at least it's out of the box!), my hospital bag is somewhat packed and I am, as of today, officially registered for my stay in the hospital.




I also feel completely emotionally ready for our baby. I feel so much peace about the "problems" that he has. I haven't worried about his cleft or kidneys for weeks. I know that whatever happens, we'll be able to handle it. I feel so grateful that we will be able to have this little boy in our arms and in our home, healthy. However he comes to us, I am okay with that. His spirit in our home will be such a blessing.




So now there is nothing left to do but wait. I am *trying* to be patient and relax and enjoy these last few days of just me and and my busy toddler. But I am getting sooooooo excited to hold this little newborn in my arms!







Baby, we are ready for ya!!

1 comment:

kathy said...

I'm so glad you posted a link to this on facebook! I hope you will keep blogging after you move so I will know how everything goes with you guys. Dallin is darling, by the way. I have a little something for him, but have a cold, so I'll wait until I'm better before I bring it over. Good luck!